Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Lion and the Eagle

Hello world.
 
Today is the day that we have been building up to as a nation for nigh on to two years now. This is perhaps the most important election that any of us have participated and possibly will ever participate in. Our nation has been on a rocky road climbing up a mountain the past few decades and now we have reached a T, not a Y. One way will, eventually, lead us to destruction and the other will, eventually, lead us to a more peaceful future. Neither is the best choice for our nation, but they are our choices nonetheless. I don't want to see any ostriches around me. I want to see lions using their rights to fight for what they believe in. If a lion does not use his teeth and claws, then what sort of lion is he? If he doesn't roar and let himself be heard, how does he establish his territory? I'm not going to tell you to vote for Hillary and I'm not going to tell you to vote for Trump. Who you vote for is your choice and none of my business. Yes I believe one candidate is far better than the other. Yes I will probably be upset if my candidate doesn't win. But, I urge you to consider not just the surface issues that have come to light these grueling past few months, but also what lies beneath. A river may look peaceful and inviting on the surface, but underneath it may be home to many dangers to any who jump in. It's not the surface, the outside that will harm you, but the heart and what lies beneath that will always bring harm. As For King and Country said Sunday night, let's not fix our eyes on what happens today. What will happen will happen. Regardless of the outcome, let us fix our eyes on the King of Kings, the only One Who really controls this earth. Our ruler is not the president of the United States and certainly no official set in place by man, but is God in Heaven Who created this earth and established the nations and their rulers. Today, let us be in prayer for the fate of our nation, as it is the fate that is being decided today. Don't be led astray by what the enemy wants us to believe and hear. Listen to your heart. Let the Spirit guide you. And be at peace. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Don't let the Founding Fathers' efforts be all for naught. Roar, and let yourself be heard. Don't hang back because you don't think your voice matters or that you don't see a better way. Your voice does mater.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment